Saturday, August 8, 2015

The Face of August

I'm a romantic
An idealist
Yet a Cynic
And a Pessimist
Positive thoughts fly though my head
To be shot down by the rifle to stifle

I love surpassing people's expectations
Slowly achieving my goals and dreams
But I also hate that expectations
Means there's awaiting evaluations

I'm terrified to fail
I'm terrified to disappoint
These dreams are more like a burden at this point

Don't try to find the invisible wall I hide behind
You can't withstand the altitude of that climb
Walls are created for a reason
My heart will never be in open season

Intimate relationships start off well
So heavenly, before the slow decent to hell
False declarations of love
True applications of lust
For now, I'm truly the only person I care to trust

I'm neurotic
And mildly psychotic
Yet some people find this combination intoxicatingly hypnotic

So easily I can build a bridge
But I always carry gasoline
All things eventually come to an end
Either by time or catastrophe

I find refuge in solitude
Alone with myself and thoughts
But sometime a warm embrace can mean a lot

This was face one
Now we are done

No comments:

Post a Comment