Saturday, July 4, 2015

The Girl Gang

So this morning I was reading an article on “curating the perfect girl gang” and for some reason I found this to be a bit absurd yet hilarious. When it comes to my own relationships in life, I am more of a let it happen naturally type of woman. I did ponder on the idea of who I would want, if in some alternate universe I could establish such a random group of women (fictional and real), and I thought It would fun to write who make the cut.

Morticia Addams 

The 1993 Anjelica Huston version of Morticia Addams from the Addams Family is one of the most flawless characters to date. I always found her dark allure so classic and charming. She is the independent gothic romantic French feminist vampire which is grounds enough for her to secure a spot. 






Lana Del Rey

She is classic, beautiful, and apologetically herself. Whether in her music, or in life she wears her heart on her sleeve. Opening herself up to such vulnerability constantly is something I truly admire. 


Mindy Kaling 

She is hilarious and lives her life like no one is watching. The funny thing is, she is the same on screen as she is off screen. She completely owns who she is, flaws included, and just runs with it.


Angelina Jolie

Angelina Jolie has just always seemed like one of those rare people in life that everyone loves, but still has no idea who they truly are. She always takes on these incredible roles with such depth and intense female lead roles that I have always found amazing. In her real life she has the biggest heart as well with the adoptions and traveling to impoverished places. 

Miranda Priestly

Merly Streep as Miranda is a cold and ambitious woman who has sacrificed having a life for her craft, something she loves, and truly believes in. 


Audrey Hepburn

When anyone thinks of a classic and Iconic beauty, Audrey Hepburn is the one that comes to mind. She had the charming awkward graceful thing going for her which I always found so delightful. In her real life she was even a philanthropist, and extremely humble.  

Blair Waldorf 

Although embarrassing to admit, Gossip Girl was one of my go to shows in my youth. I think what kept me so hooked, and constantly tuning in was the star of the show Blair Waldorf. She was cruel, ruthless, strategic, and incredibly intelligent. She possessed qualities I had, as well as wanted! Along with her constant scheming, and her flock of doting minions, deep down she was as vulnerable as the rest of us. I always loved the episodes displaying her inner fragility. In my own life, I like to display an organized and motivated facade, even when I am internally falling apart. Blair was strong, sophisticated, and on top of things constantly, and definitely would have a seat at my table for brunch.  


Olivia Pope

Kerry Washington’s character Oliva Pope in the television series Scandal is the last and final character I would need in my carefully curated girl group. She's a fixer, shes strong, intelligent, and always tries to do the right thing even when it tough. Along with all these admirable qualities, she has the perfect taste in wine, and treats popcorn like a food group just like me. With living in D.C. she knows all about the political machine that is Washington and the presidency, and I would love to rack her brain if I could.  

No comments:

Post a Comment